Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Upcoming models  (Read 320 times)

Offline reaper

• Ensign
Upcoming models
« on: July 05, 2018, 05:01:28 am »
I see that amt is taking out a new Runabout model kit does anyone know if this will come with an interior or if its just the same as the

Offline Gadgetron_3000

• Admiral
Re: Upcoming models
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 10:51:30 am »
I see that amt is taking out a new Runabout model kit does anyone know if this will come with an interior or if its just the same as the

Round 2 had the Runabout model built up by Jim Small of Small Art Works for WonderFest 2018, and it was on display there:

It does not appear as if Round 2 will do much with this kit for the re-release other than new box art and possibly an updated decal sheet.

There are no formal announcements yet, but I believe the kit number this time around will be AMT1084 and it is scheduled to be released by the end of this year or the beginning of next.

"They've done studies, you know.  60% of the time, it works every time."

-----

Google+: https://plus.google.com/109660073537038906328

Offline reaper

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 12:55:36 pm »
Cheers for the info gadgetron

Offline LynnInDenver

• Commander
    • My husband and I on YouTube - TG256
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 06:46:47 pm »
I'm looking forward to trying the runabout again. My recollection is that it's a pretty decent kit... and that they used them on the show for pyrotechnic explosions of the runabouts rather than running a thin shell off the mold for the filming model.

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 07:45:08 am »
Bummer about the interior though.

There is a resin kit interior available and I have used it on my first Runabout (can't mind where I got it though but it could have been Federation Models). Added a lot of interior detail but was a bit pricey I thought. I have another Runabout hidden in "The Stash" for a future auction build but I don't think I'll get the interior kit but just use some Tamiya smoke for the windows.
Iain

Enterprise © Bloc