Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Newbie from Downunder  (Read 178 times)

Offline Norman L

• Ensign
Newbie from Downunder
« on: July 06, 2018, 07:34:17 pm »
Hello Everyone

I have just joined this site, ive been lurking for some time and watching and learning via Boyd @ TrekWorks whom i really enjoy

I am 66 years ancient and i live in Bendigo, Victoria, Australia i have been modelling since the age of around 7 which means i have 59 years experience, however, in reality, its more like 1 years experience 59 times

I have predominantly made aircraft and ships with the occasional armour piece but of recent years there has been a flurry of re-releases of sci-fi that i was unable to buy when a child and had to be content with lusting after them with my nose pressed up against the model shop window or cabinet inside it, so i have been acquiring building and modifying a few, pics of which I can post if anyone is interested

I have quite a large stash of kits in a purpose built model shed and the sci-fi / real space section is growing at a fast rate, not in all my life have i experienced such a flood of new releases of kits and the deluge of attendant aftermarket to keep one permanently broke

So over the next little while i will look and engage where i see an interest, i do very much like what i see so far

Cheers

Norm

Offline Decoman

• Commander
Re: Newbie from Downunder
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 06:31:16 am »
Allowed stash size = stash + 1

:)

Offline Madhatter

• Commander
  • Plastic Surgeon in Training
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 01:58:31 am »
Welcome aboard Norman from a fellow Melbournian :)
Looking forward to seeing your work
Si

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 03:30:21 pm »
Welcome to Styrene Addiction 101.
Iain

Offline Smithson

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 12:19:41 am »