Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My 1/8 Scale BTTF Delorean (WIP)  (Read 374 times)

Offline NemVia

• Commander
    • NemVia.net
My 1/8 Scale BTTF Delorean (WIP)
« on: July 27, 2018, 03:48:20 pm »
I Just received my first 2 issues of my Back To The Future Delorean Time Machine. I've never done a subscription build before, but this model intrigues me. The best part about this build is that everything is pre-painted to specs and all that is required is the assembly of the pieces. I LOVE IT! Each of the issues takes only 10 - 15 minutes to assemble. There are decals and screws that come with the kit. This build is a nice diversion from my other projects which are very time consuming. So here goes.... enjoy!
Mark
http://www.NemVia.net

"...once it's activated. there's no way to stop it!" - Scotty - DMa
www.NemVia.net

Offline NemVia

• Commander
    • NemVia.net
Re: My 1/8 Scale BTTF Delorean (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 05:27:52 pm »
Just Got Issues 3 - 6 in the mail and assembled. Let me know what you think. Check out new pics 8 - 23.
Mark

https://www.nemvia.net/apps/photos/album?albumid=16123425
www.NemVia.net

Online MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 11:55:12 am »
Just Got Issues 3 - 6 in the mail and assembled. Let me know what you think. Check out new pics 8 - 23.
Mark

https://www.nemvia.net/apps/photos/album?albumid=16123425

Mark, broken link?

Can't wait to see what you will do with this!!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline NemVia

• Commander
    • NemVia.net
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 04:05:15 pm »
Hmmm. The link works on my pc which is what I mainly use. I'll see what I can do. I've had this problem crop up before. Until then you can go to my site and look under Members Current Projects page and everything will be under "1/8 Scale Back To The Future DeLorean" Album. I'll try to reduce some of my pics and repost them up here too. Such a pain to have to keep doing that. But, it is what it is. Thanks for letting me know,

Mark
www.NemVia.net

Offline NemVia

• Commander
    • NemVia.net
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 04:27:37 pm »
Well, let's see if this works.
www.NemVia.net

Online MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 07:35:50 am »
Ah! Now THESE I can see!

Man! Those are some highly detailed bits!

Thanks for the putting the titles on the pics; i.e. "Assembled Issue 1" etc. I would have never known how it was all assembled if you hadn't.

Do they come painted and ready for assembly, or did you do the painting?

Keep going and posting, Mark!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline NemVia

• Commander
    • NemVia.net
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 01:04:57 pm »
Ah! Now THESE I can see!

Man! Those are some highly detailed bits!

Thanks for the putting the titles on the pics; i.e. "Assembled Issue 1" etc. I would have never known how it was all assembled if you hadn't.

Do they come painted and ready for assembly, or did you do the painting?

Keep going and posting, Mark!

Yes, all of the parts I've received so far have been painted. And that's the beauty of this kit! No masking, no mixing, no spraying, no  breathers needed. Just a screwdriver and a knife to remove some small bits of metal. Not to say that I won't weather some of the parts a bit or add some custom parts later on. I figured I'd put which Assembly each update is so everyone can see each issue as it's built. It could inspire or scare someone off when they see all that's involved. The posts will be coming each month.

Mark

Steve
www.NemVia.net

Online MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 10:47:02 am »

Not to say that I won't weather some of the parts a bit or add some custom parts later on.

Yeah, another builder here started this same build and had posted some amazing pics of the weathering, particularly the engine, that he had done. I have the snap-together kit but it is nowhere near this kit's level of detail!

Please continue to post as my interest as well as my curiosity is peaked. I would love to see what you are gonna do, especially the how, with the weathering.

Keep going!

Steve

Offline Saturn5

• Ensign
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2018, 08:57:20 pm »
Looking good! Yes you should definitely do some weathering and customizing to this kit. While the stock buildups look good a little extra TLC brings it up to another level! There's also a facebook build group that is full of folks doing custom parts and build tips. I was surprised to see just how many parts some of these guys are making - there's even a few that are converting the kit into a stock 1981 Delorean.

Look forward to seeing your build progress. Welcome to the big car club!

Offline NemVia

• Commander
    • NemVia.net
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2018, 08:44:13 am »

Not to say that I won't weather some of the parts a bit or add some custom parts later on.

Yeah, another builder here started this same build and had posted some amazing pics of the weathering, particularly the engine, that he had done. I have the snap-together kit but it is nowhere near this kit's level of detail!

Please continue to post as my interest as well as my curiosity is peaked. I would love to see what you are gonna do, especially the how, with the weathering.

Keep going!

Steve

Thanks Steve. Saturn5 has some great weathering done on his DeLorean build. This is kinda what I'm shooting for. I'm even checking the suspensions of my own car (Not a DeLorean BTW) to get an idea of adding some realism to the weathering. Should have the next few issues in a couple of weeks. THanks for your comments.
Mark
www.NemVia.net

Offline NemVia

• Commander
    • NemVia.net
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2018, 08:47:00 am »
Looking good! Yes you should definitely do some weathering and customizing to this kit. While the stock buildups look good a little extra TLC brings it up to another level! There's also a facebook build group that is full of folks doing custom parts and build tips. I was surprised to see just how many parts some of these guys are making - there's even a few that are converting the kit into a stock 1981 Delorean.

Look forward to seeing your build progress. Welcome to the big car club!

I've seen your weathering on your DeLorean build and it looks fantastic. I love what you're doing so far. I also didn't realize how many others are doing this build as well, so there is a wealth of ideas and inspirations to check out. Thanks for your comments and the welcome.

Mark
www.NemVia.net

Offline NemVia

• Commander
    • NemVia.net
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2018, 05:06:09 pm »
SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER Updates - 2018
Hi Everyone! I didn't forget about you. I've been working my tail off at my secular job. A Lot of changes being made that interfere with my projects BIG TIme. Hopefully it will calm down a bit over the next few weeks.

For my DeLorean build, I had to hold off on that for about a month because my ISSUE 10 had some missing parts. The different size fixing screws are all labeled with letters like DM which represent the screw size needed to mount some of the parts together or to the main frame of the car. Well, instead of sending me the screws labeled DM, I received to packets of AP screws which a smaller than the DM screws so I could not finish some of the build. I got on the phone with Eaglemoss right away and told them what the problem was and without question or charge they sent me another issue 10! This was awesome. I only needed the screws but they sent me a Whole new Issue. I couldn't believe it! No problems! Great people to work with. So if anyone needs a new Issue 10 minus the DM screws for whatever reason let me know.

Anyway, instead of just the September update with issues 6 - 9, I am also adding Octobers update with Issues 10 - 14. Little by little the car is taking shape. I have 37 new pics of the parts and assembly of issues 6 -14 on the 1/8 Scale DeLorean Build page for this month! Check it out and I'll see you next month.
Mark
https://www.NemVia.net

www.NemVia.net

Online MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2018, 07:35:11 am »
Hey Mark, these pics look like what happened to the DeLorean at the end of BTTF III! :D

JK! This is looking great so far. Keep it up and keep posting!

Steve

Enterprise © Bloc