Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What is up with Revell?  (Read 161 times)

Offline James. T. Kirk

• Ensign
What is up with Revell?
« on: August 23, 2018, 10:18:02 am »
Hello All,

Does Anyone know what is up with Revell?   I purchased one of their USS ARIZONA kits  and found I needed a flag sheet.  I called the toll free number they listed  and got a recording saying that it was not in service.   so I sent them an email almost two weeks ago now and have had no reply.  Does Anyone know what is going on with Revell?

Thank You for your time,
                                       J.T. Kirk

Offline starsiegeplayer

• Admiral
  • In brightest day, in darkest night....
Re: What is up with Revell?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 01:29:48 pm »
Revell USA was part of Hobbico. Hobbico went bankrupt this year. 

Offline James. T. Kirk

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 06:21:18 pm »
 So that means we won't be able to get any more Revell Kits?

Offline LynnInDenver

• Commander
    • My husband and I on YouTube - TG256
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 07:08:39 pm »
So that means we won't be able to get any more Revell Kits?

Revell Gmbh (Basically Revell Germany) still exists. They and Revell USA (and the molds) were purchased by some investment firm in Germany... which promptly closed Revell USA, presumably to combined it all into one operation. So far, I haven't heard anything as to whether or not the U.S. is still going to be a market for them; my local hobby store still appears to have Revell kits on the shelves (I don't know if those were just ones that were further in the distribution chain than Hobbico or leftover stock or new stock, although one forum thread implied shipments would restart in July), and the only major change that I can comment on is that Bandai Star Wars figure kits have become locally available to us.

Offline James. T. Kirk

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 08:18:36 am »
Well it looks like it's time to try to find a New model company to get model kits from.....Hopefully Testors will start making more models,  or some other US based company, I will miss Revell and it's model kits...been building them since I was a kid.  But when one lives from paycheck to paycheck  they can not afford to pay over seas prices for kits.  and I know Revell of Germany didn't have distributors in the US so they will not only be hard to find,  but will also be costly.

Very Sad news indeed..... :(

Offline Decoman

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 11:01:39 am »
I am curious if you guys/girls in US get the same free shipping from Asia on lots of things on eBay.

Today, I ordered another Meng 1:35 kit, (British "Tortoise") seeing how there was a discount. Seeing new mold items is always encouraging, though I am always suspicious about potential accuracy issues with even new kits from any brand. Btw, metal tracks for the Tortoise would cost me more then the kit itself. :) Maybe later. At least I ordered the metal barrel for free, having saved up some points in an online hobby store somewhere, had to pay for shipping though (cheapest mail option).
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 11:04:46 am by Decoman »

Offline James. T. Kirk

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 01:49:37 pm »
I have never yet gotten anything that I did not pay for shipping.  in fact at times the shipping pushed the price higher that the item it's self!

Enterprise © Bloc