Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/1000 scale Enterprise  (Read 359 times)

Offline Grue

• Ensign
1/1000 scale Enterprise
« on: August 29, 2018, 01:43:29 pm »
Hey there!

I'm diving into doing the 1/1000 scale TOS Enterprise but I have a lot of concern mostly with regards to the nacelles and how they're supposed to roll and snap onto the pylon tab. The rest I can do just fine. It's those damn nacelles!

Offline simi

• Admiral
  • JUST enough knowledge to do some serious damage
Re: 1/1000 scale Enterprise
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 06:43:18 pm »
...um me too.  I've seen online where people have put the nacelle halves together and then rolled the pylon tab after.  I've also seen people roll the pylon onto ONE of the nacelle fittings, and then put the other nacelle half on.  I'm lighting my kit, so the latter might just be the way I have to roll -but either way it kind of seem like the nacelle/struts/pylon positioning is kind of hap-hazard.

Cheers!

Simi
As a software architect, I'm pretty darn good.  As someone with knowledge of building things in the real world, well, I'm a software architect.

Offline RockyD88

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 11:14:18 am »
they can be a pain, what I did was sand and file the tabs on the struts and prefit them before I put the nacelle halves together

Offline Prigpichaya

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 05:10:44 am »
I am very happy to read this. After reading this content to the end, it gives me new knowledge.

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
  • There are submarines, and targets.
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 07:22:38 am »
I've got a couple in this scale in the stash, but have not started them so this info is interesting.
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again."

Offline starsiegeplayer

• Admiral
  • In brightest day, in darkest night....
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 11:46:59 pm »
they can be a pain, what I did was sand and file the tabs on the struts and prefit them before I put the nacelle halves together

I ended up putting a notch in the nacelle hole.  I got a good fit.

Enterprise © Bloc