Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/350 lighting  (Read 121 times)

Offline Lukealmighty

• Ensign
1/350 lighting
« on: August 30, 2018, 01:43:54 am »
Hi I’m doing research and gathering materials for my 1/350 refit build, and rather than just buying a lighting kit, I wanted to try and do it myself! As John snow I know nothing on circuitry! So I was looking at this product Elegoo UNO Project Super Starter Kit with Tutorial for Arduino would this do the job?
Many thanks.

Offline madmonk

• Captain
Re: 1/350 lighting
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 05:49:42 am »
On its own, no.  :)

That said it is a good starting point for learning how to programme the UNO to give the various effects you need for the refit lighting.

Offline Decoman

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 06:01:19 am »
I guess the tricky thing would be to make the lights blink and such, and I guess I would prefer something in between: miminum premade products, and doing the rest myself.

Though, one might be weary of the LED one uses, as it would suck if they were of such bad quality and maybe dying inside the model perhaps after a short time.

Sensible strategy would be to run the entire LED setup for some time, but without closing the model (or even lit the lights entirely separate from the model), and then see if it works ok for a month or so.

I am not an expert on this subject matter, so take what I wrote with the proverbial grain of salt.

Offline zhaith

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 01:02:17 am »
You could certainly use it, but that kit has a lot of parts your never likely to use when it comes to a model, and the UNO whilst a great  bit of kit for developing, it's way too big to be useable for and end project, where a nano would be a better choice size wise, the kit however will be useful to learn, and once you know the basics you can start to work towards you goal.

HBut it will take some time (and trial and error) but you can achive a lot, I have done exactly what you are after for my enterprise and it took a fair time to complete the programming, and i've yet to make a start on the ship itself but for an idea i'll link the video for my project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY8pkhHfOgg&t=67s

Offline Tshark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 07:41:57 am »
Here is a well presented Youtube series by Ostrich Long Neck on using the Arduino for Enterprise lighting.  This series not only gives a good overview of the process, but includes the code for programming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSbSjuB9InE

Hope this helps

Enterprise © Bloc