Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bandai's 1:72 B-Wing  (Read 179 times)

Offline greg

• Captain
  • aka SteveTheFish, TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan
    • Greg's Neat-o Homepage
Bandai's 1:72 B-Wing
« on: August 31, 2018, 01:57:55 am »
Hi-ho,
Here is a link to my photoset of the runners to this new kit.

Here is an unboxing video of the kit which also shows the issue of Model Graphix magazine which features build-ups of both this standard release and the SDCC LE release from July.

Offline Decoman

• Commander
Re: Bandai's 1:72 B-Wing
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 06:12:21 am »
Thanks!

Aah, I remember now. On the toy back in the 80's, one had to rotate one of the thrusters at the back to flip out the wings I just remembered as I started watching this video you linked. I had the B-Wing toy among other things. Heh, I still have memories of unpacking the Millennium Falcon toy at Christmas so many years ago. :) Heh, I also remember unpacking both the X-Wing toy and the Y-Wing toy when I was a kid.

Nice to see there's a color guide in English with this B-Wing kit.

Good thing I have experience with drilling out barrel holes. :) Trick is to start with a small diameter bore, to more easily hit the center of the barrel, then, if happy with a centered dent, then switch to a larger diameter bore, and drill out the barrel. One must be careful to not use a drill bit that is too wide, else the drill bit might end up wrecking the outer side of the barrel. The larger the drill bit, the more coarse the drill bit bits into the plastic iirc. So it becomes more difficult with larger drill bits. I normally use the Tamiya hand drill tool for drilling out holes and such.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 06:24:50 am by Decoman »

Offline Decoman

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 08:55:45 am »
Lowest price on eBay seem to currently be 51.50 USD incl shipping. Still feels a little too pricey to me given how this is a 1:72 scale kit, that isn't that big.

Offline greg

• Captain
  • aka SteveTheFish, TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan
    • Greg's Neat-o Homepage
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 01:41:41 am »
Oh, believe me. It's big. It comes in a considerably taller box than the X-Wing or Y-Wing does. It's not as tall as the Falcon or AT-AT, but it's got a lot of plastic in it. And that's a pretty good price too, if it includes shipping. Here in Japan it goes for 4500 retail.

Enterprise © Bloc