Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Next project...  (Read 223 times)

Offline Kingbob

• Lieutenant
Next project...
« on: August 31, 2018, 04:47:21 am »
Am I the only one who starts their next project before they've finished the current one??? :D

Offline Decoman

• Commander
Re: Next project...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 06:04:21 am »
I find myself switching projects, because I know I am unable to finish project A within reasonable time given the circumstances, and so a project B might be more appealing, being smaller and easier to finish. Or.. parallell builds, where you solidly improve on various kits, and one day, you can get to start finishing them.

Q: Is this Sulaco project meant to become a 3D printed model?

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 06:22:39 am »
Not the only one.

Temporarily shelved my 22" Eagle and now doing another Star Destroyer for a friend. Into a bit of a Dinosaur fetish at the mo and have ordered the Tamiya 1/35 diorama sets and once the Star Destroyer is finished I am going to take on that big 38" Parasaurolophus kit I have.

And to me I sometimes get fed up looking at the same kit for weeks/months etc as the fun goes out of that build. Have lost my modelling mojo a wee bit recently but looking forward to taking on the dinosaurs.
Iain

Offline Kingbob

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 08:04:03 am »
I find myself switching projects, because I know I am unable to finish project A within reasonable time given the circumstances, and so a project B might be more appealing, being smaller and easier to finish. Or.. parallell builds, where you solidly improve on various kits, and one day, you can get to start finishing them.

Q: Is this Sulaco project meant to become a 3D printed model?

Yup, currently planning for an 800mm length, but havent yet done anything tyhat will fix the size, like screw holes.

Offline Markeno

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 10:34:00 pm »
I get bored, or stuck on something, or waiting on parts.  So I have two projects in progress.  I started the second one due to being kind of stuck on which way I wanted to proceed on the first and I was a bit burnt out on the first one and tired of working on it. The second project is a smaller simpler project that should be able to be completed far more quickly than the first.  I then decided to order in some other parts for that first project, and since they came in I am back to the first slowly making progress on it.    I resisted starting a third, as I figure if I split it up to much I will never get any of them done (and I will run out of work space).

Offline Decoman

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 02:25:57 am »
I am reminded of the set of photo etched parts I got for my Tiger 1 tank, and after looking at the photo etch and going through the instructions, I realized that I had bit over more than I could chew. In addition to putting on photo etch, it was also required to get styrene and also a tiny piece of wood, making things complicated. As of then, I have since stocked up on styrene parts. But after looking at the frets of photo etch, all the heh tiny PE parts made me put that kit on hold. :D

Offline Kingbob

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2018, 02:54:05 am »
I am reminded of the set of photo etched parts I got for my Tiger 1 tank, and after looking at the photo etch and going through the instructions, I realized that I had bit over more than I could chew. In addition to putting on photo etch, it was also required to get styrene and also a tiny piece of wood, making things complicated. As of then, I have since stocked up on styrene parts. But after looking at the frets of photo etch, all the heh tiny PE parts made me put that kit on hold. :D

I love the tiger 1, and am also half way through a 1/16 Tiger 1 with all the Aber etch and barrel, metal tracks, and every other upgrade i could find. Thats been on the go for 4 years!
http://members.iinet.net.au/~canison/1_16tiger/16.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~canison/1_16tiger/17.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~canison/1_16tiger/18.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~canison/1_16tiger/20.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~canison/1_16tiger/21.JPG

Offline Decoman

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2018, 05:48:15 am »
I guess you had to saw off the side skirts to get to add the photo etch skirts. I've been watching a few reviews of this 1:16 kit. :) (Edit: Aah, I must have been reviewing some other brand's 1:16 kit)

I am amazed to see metal tracks on that 1:16 model. :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 08:32:35 am by Decoman »

Offline Kingbob

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2018, 08:27:00 am »
I guess you had to saw off the side skirts to get to add the photo etch skirts. I've been watching a few reviews of this 1:16 kit. :)

I am amazed to see metal tracks on that 1:16 model. :)

This is the Tamiya 1/16 Tiger, the skirts are seperate pieces anyway.
And yeah, with metal tracks etc, it weighs a ton.

Enterprise © Bloc