Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Any known kit models for the Buck Rogers pirate ship?  (Read 91 times)

Offline Decoman

• Commander
Any known kit models for the Buck Rogers pirate ship?
« on: September 01, 2018, 05:40:51 am »
I think I saw the drawings of this ship in a thin comic book, which I have since confirmed to show the image of this one pirate ship. As I remember it, this pirate ship was not shown in the larger comic book album that was showing the movie adaption (or maybe I am wrong). I vaguely recall having seen them placing rockets inside the rear thrusters for this pirate ship, effectively blowing them up shortly after take off, unsure where I've seen this.

The ship can be described as being pointy, but with an abrupt and large circular mid section, and then the rear appear to be a lot of smaller cylinders that extend from the circular mid section, and going backwards.

This pirate ship had the pirate bones and skull painted on the nose.

I wonder: Does anyone know if this pirate ship has a name, and if anyone made any scale model kits of this ship?

Edit: Ah, I found the cover that someone showed me some time ago. (below) Heh, the ship always looked better in my imagination. :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 05:46:01 am by Decoman »

Offline Mstowell

• Admiral
  • Gort! Barenga!
Re: Any known kit models for the Buck Rogers pirate ship?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 07:33:53 pm »
Look on eBay.  Search for Buck Rogers model kit
They are available.
Matt

Offline Decoman

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 06:38:34 am »
Nope. Nothing on eBay.

To clarify what ship this is all about (below):
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 06:44:46 am by Decoman »

Offline Gadgetron_3000

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 09:49:22 am »
I think I saw the drawings of this ship in a thin comic book, which I have since confirmed to show the image of this one pirate ship. As I remember it, this pirate ship was not shown in the larger comic book album that was showing the movie adaption (or maybe I am wrong). I vaguely recall having seen them placing rockets inside the rear thrusters for this pirate ship, effectively blowing them up shortly after take off, unsure where I've seen this.

The ship can be described as being pointy, but with an abrupt and large circular mid section, and then the rear appear to be a lot of smaller cylinders that extend from the circular mid section, and going backwards.

This pirate ship had the pirate bones and skull painted on the nose.

I wonder: Does anyone know if this pirate ship has a name, and if anyone made any scale model kits of this ship?

Edit: Ah, I found the cover that someone showed me some time ago. (below) Heh, the ship always looked better in my imagination. :)

The ship to which you're referring to appeared in the 1979 Buck Rogers In The 25th Century made-for-TV-theatrically-released movie and subsequent television series.  It was the Hatchet Fighter which was also known as "Pirate Fighter," "Draconian Fighter," and "Marauder."  However, it looks nothing like the pirate ship featured on the cover of that book you mentioned.

Monogram released a 1:48 scale Marauder kit (kit number 6031) back in 1979.  When compared to the original filming miniature, the model suffers from many inaccuracies mostly due to simplification of details.  Some of the issues that stand out the most are seen with the wing nacelles, the cockpit hatch, and the bottom of the fuselage.

Back in the late-2000s, Adam K. Johnson of AJAModels (https://ajamodels.webs.com and ajacoustics@yahoo.com) sold a set of resin "accurate laser / engine / arm things" replacement parts for the wing nacelles.

Unlike the Monogram 1:48 Starfigter kit (kit number 6030) that tends to command high collectors-level pricing, the Marauder kit can usually be had for much less.  eBay usually has many Monogram Marauder kits available at any given time.

I hope this helps.

:)
"They've done studies, you know.  60% of the time, it works every time."

-----

Google+: https://plus.google.com/109660073537038906328

Offline RADIATION_STORM

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 05:04:27 pm »
what this https://www.ebay.ca/itm/163031302050?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

i i wanted to buy it  it would cost me  125 $CDN

Enterprise © Bloc