Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: You all ROCK  (Read 455 times)

Offline I_Speak_Klingon

• Ensign
You all ROCK
« on: October 26, 2018, 04:54:17 pm »
Greetings fellow modelers!

Longtime lurker here, and I figured it was finally time for me to start sharing my passion instead of keeping it to myself.  :)

I've followed along with so many of the threads on these forums and let me just say... this site is an INCREDIBLE resource. Thank you for inspiring me to get back into scale modeling after so many years. A (very) brief history: I began modeling as a child. My father and I built an Enterprise D, Galileo shuttle, and Klingon BoP. We did painting and decals, but never lighting. A couple of years ago, a coworker discovered my love of Trek and gifted me a Maquis Raider model. Last year, I finally got around to putting it together and what a joy! I ended up lighting it and everything (I'll post some pics soon). But, what I really wanted... what I fantasized about building... the 1/350 Refit.

This summer, I began the long process of building my own Enterprise Refit, and so far I'm having a blast.

Also... I sometimes want to throw it against the wall.  ;) I'm only a few months in, and already I've had so many ups and downs. The main thing I try to remember is some advice that I read of here: just try and do a tiny bit every day. Doesn't even have to be much. Just something.

Well, I've been working hard and figured I'd share where I'm at so far. I've stolen so many great ideas that each of you have shared, and I'm so thankful for those of you who have shared your own pictures and experiences.

Here's a picture of the beast I'm about to slay!
And how we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life, wouldn't you say?

Offline starsiegeplayer

• Admiral
  • In brightest day, in darkest night....
Re: You all ROCK
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 07:29:01 pm »
Hi ISK!  Looking forward to your build logs :)

Offline Shawn McClure

• Admiral
  • Shawn McClure
Re: You all ROCK
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 07:48:03 am »
Welcome to the group.  I've got the Enterprise Refit in my stash too.  I'll have to get that going soon.   Really looking forward to seeing what you do with yours.
Shawn
To build or not to build.... that is the question.   The answer.... build... Duh.

Enterprise © Bloc