Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Academy MiG-21PF 1/48  (Read 1638 times)

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
  • There are submarines, and targets.
Re: Academy MiG-21PF 1/48
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 08:29:03 pm »
Tomorrow the demo of the fireplace begins!  So tonight, on time, I finished the MiG!  After completion I added a light coat of transparent gray (testors AB paint) to dirty it up just a bit, then testors matte clear, and then the canopy was put in place with elmer's clear glue.  Overall I'm pretty happy with my first real airplane airbrush.

Decals  for the main kit by Cartograph (awesome!) and the North Vietnam decals were by PrintScale.  All totally awesome!

After finishing painting the whole lot was painted with clear gloss (floor polish).  Decals applied, more floor polish, then the gray, and finally matte clear.

For the panel lines I used a very thin black pin wash.  In this way the panel lines are obvious, but not OBVIOUS.  It looks more like the photos in this way (at least to me).

OK Boyd, my build is done.  Ready for the shift to the new network!!!
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again."

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
Re: Academy MiG-21PF 1/48
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2018, 07:24:00 am »
Scott! Outstanding Job!

I love the panel lines on the belly (have to look up "black pin wash") and the build is, of course, up to your usual standard or excellence!

Good luck with the fireplace demo! What's going on? Replace, restore, remodel? What ever it is, be and stay safe.

Although, truth be told, I'm looking forward to your next build!  :o ;)

Star Trek Steve  :)
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Enterprise © Bloc