Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ben Stiller Owns the original Enterprise Refit Model used in TMP?!?  (Read 127 times)

Offline Merrittk54

• Lieutenant
I saw this article on msn.com:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/stars-who-spend-a-fortune-on-their-hobbies/ss-BBOJ8jG?li=BBnbfcN&ocid=DELLDHP#image=11

Don't know if the link will work, but the gist of the article says that Ben Stiller is a big Star Trek collector and "is thought to own" the original TMP model.

You learn something new every day!

Offline Plaztek

• Commander
  • This is about saving the future of humanity!
Re: Ben Stiller Owns the original Enterprise Refit Model used in TMP?!?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 05:31:59 pm »

It's possible! He was interviewed by Shatner for a documentary about the influence of Star Trek called "The truth is in the stars". He talks to A toilet about his collection/obssession with Trek. He has so cool prop stuff from TOS. However, they never showed any models. I definitely would have remembered that.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your little quest. Captain Ahab has to go hunt his whale!

Offline Spencer

• Radio Astronomer
  • Admiral
  • "Well ... let's play this out logically then ..."
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 09:40:08 pm »
I read that Jeff Bezos bought it and put it on display at his aerospace company.

Here's a reddit link, which has some pictures. Whether or not it is THE model I can't say ...

https://www.reddit.com/r/startrek/comments/4w5zdf/for_those_who_may_be_wondering_where_the_original/

Offline Merrittk54

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 07:48:32 am »
Thanks Spencer!  Looks like the real deal.

Enterprise © Bloc