Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My first 1/350 TOS build.  (Read 181 times)

Offline GundamTrekker

• Lieutenant
My first 1/350 TOS build.
« on: October 26, 2018, 11:20:19 am »
Good morning modelers. I'm excited to jump into my Trek filled builds. I currently have the 1/350 NX-01, 1/350 U.S.S
NCC-1701 Enterprise, 1/350 U.S.S. Enterprise Refit, and the 1/350 U.S.S. Franklin. I also have the new 1/350 K'tinga as well as the lighting kit ordered.

So to start this string of builds I'm starting with the TOS. I have the model as well as the lighting kit. I also have a more detailed clear bridge on order. And I know I need to order the Paragrafix photoetch.

My first question I have is about the paints. I wanna make sure I have everything before jumping full bore into the build. The model has a great fold out reference for colors, but no brands or anything more specific. Does anyone have a solid list of brands/color to use for the build? I wanna try and stick with acrylics. And where can I order scaled figures to put in the bridge and shuttlebay?

Any info would be greatly appreciated by this newbie. Thanks for checking this out and stay tuned for the build.

Offline Trekman

• Ensign
Re: My first 1/350 TOS build.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 12:14:13 pm »
Well it seems you are about to start a Trek museum Lol. My only advice is to build what satisfies you. As for the paints I would test the colors on sheet styrene and examine when dry. A google search of 1/350 figures will give good starting suggestions. Take your time ,build your vision and remember nothing is perfect when you make a mistake break and return later don

Offline MrBrightside

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 11:15:25 am »
Where did you find the extra clear bridge for order? I've been searching for one of those for awhile now.

Best of luck with your build. I am looking forward to watching your progress.

Offline Mark2000

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 02:02:37 pm »
Where did you find the extra clear bridge for order? I've been searching for one of those for awhile now.

Best 1/350 bridge money can buy: https://www.shapeways.com/product/F67P79YSD/1-350-tos-bridge-replacement?optionId=69008473&li=shop-inventory

Highly detailed. Doesnt need photoetch.

Offline Tankton

• Admiral
    • Cameron's Decals and Such
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 12:25:56 pm »
If you got Marks bridge on order you don't need the photo etch for it. But you might need my
transparencies.
Live Long and Prosper

Cameron Lewis Sr.

www.cameronsdecals.com

Offline GundamTrekker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 06:33:27 pm »
I did get the bridge from Shapeways. And the amount of detail is amazing. I'll be ordering the shuttlebay and shuttle craft from him soon. I'll have to take a look at your decals. And as for paints i have found the best cheat. A company called GarageKitUSAColor has a paint set that matches the Smithsonian studio model. All airbrush ready. Sadly mine froze in shipping but ive managed to get them to work. As soon as i can change pic sizes on my phone ill upload what i've done so far.

Offline GundamTrekker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 06:57:21 pm »
This is how the neck turned out. Flat black light block, white primer over and then the Trek colors.

Enterprise © Bloc