Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hailing Frequencies Open  (Read 291 times)

Offline TangibleDreams

• Ensign
  • If I were human, I believe my response would be...
Hailing Frequencies Open
« on: November 09, 2018, 05:24:03 am »
I thought I'd say hello and thank everyone who's contributed to the community. I recently got back into the model "mood" when I was unpacking and cleaning out boxes of my childhood toys. I found my Playmates ST:TNG collection which included the model of the Enterprise D that lit up and played sounds from the show. Of course that triggered my memory from long ago elementary days. After school I spent more time making models from paper and Styrofoam than I spent doing homework! I made with paper and tape a tiny Enterprise A model that I hung from string next to my bed and would stare at until I fell asleep each night. It has long since vanished.

Before I knew it I'd set out to locate the Diamond Select NCC 1701-A (ST:VI) model I'd bought as well as my 1/350 Enterprise Refit I'd bought a while back and never opened. After opening and putting on display the Diamond Select model yesterday, I spent hours on YouTube watching videos by so many people, specifically TrekWorks videos on his entire build-up. I've always been up for a challenge and I cannot deny that the 1/350 Enterprise Refit would be a fantastic challenge.

It pains me that I doubt I'll have the kind of time it would take and even if I did I have no place to properly build and lastly display a model of that size. But I can dream right? At least I own it.

So again, thanks for being here so someone who hasn't thought much of this kind of thing for years could find a place to visit from time to time. I'm sure I'll beam in on occasion. I do need to at least get the proper Aztec masking supplies (the second set TrekWorks used) and the paragraphics kit as well. You know, for when I have the space and time to make it all happen. I mean if I'm going to do it, I've got to do it right!

Thanks again for being here!

LLAP
Patterson

Offline PerryJaco

• Ensign
Re: Hailing Frequencies Open
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 01:26:55 am »
This site is considered to be extremely informative, but I would like to know if this data is deleted and why.

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
Re: Hailing Frequencies Open
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 02:34:06 pm »
Patterson,

Welcome aboard to the, uhm, Boards! :)

There are many here who have built your model; at least the one you mention. I do know, not from actual experience, that that particular model is not built in a day, or weekend, even a few months - it is a marathon that has taken many a few years to complete. But don't let that stop you! The end result of most of the builds is a beautiful and very enviable model - one that will astonish for years!

I have only gotten back into the hobby a few years ago so I understand your feelings!

Again, many here who have built and many more who will help.

Welcome!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Enterprise © Bloc