Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Deagostini Millennium Falcon  (Read 281 times)

Offline patrickmil

• Ensign
Deagostini Millennium Falcon
« on: November 14, 2018, 01:34:42 pm »
Hi all! I'm new to this forum, but I would like to show off some of my work.

For my first WIP, I've chosen to go with my Deagostini Millennium Falcon. I've never done a subscription kit before and thankfully this one is almost at an end. The kit itself is pretty great with normal inaccuracies present in most model kits. The subscription part of this though, was very frustrating at times. Since I'm posting this topic when I'm already through most of the build, I'll post what pics I took along the way (hopefully I did so correctly this first time around?) and then update as I put more work into it.

Please bear in mind that I welcome all constructive criticism, but I'm not by any stretch of the imagination a rivet counter, so 100% accuracy to the original or the prototype is of little concern for me.
Thanks for looking!

Patrick

Offline modelerdave

• Commander
Re: Deagostini Millennium Falcon
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 01:53:16 pm »
That cockpit is gorgeous! Nice work!

Offline starsiegeplayer

• Admiral
  • In brightest day, in darkest night....
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 08:57:02 pm »
I had never heard of a Deagostini model before.  Is it resin?

Offline patrickmil

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 09:23:32 am »
@Modelerdave, thank you for the compliment!

@Starsiegeplayer, the kit is supposed to be 1:1 replica of the 32" studio model from Empire Strikes Back. The kit has a metal skeleton with ABS plastic parts and exterior plating. Deagostini does kits in the form of subscriptions. Each issue has a magazine with facts, pictures, diagrams, and instructions for the model and has the kit parts. Most of the subscriptions run for two years. I know that across the pond, folks can get the issues weekly at magazine stands, but in the US, you can only get 4 issues at a time in monthly installments.
Thanks for looking!

Patrick

Offline Guns Akimbo

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 10:31:02 am »

Offline ImWolf

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 01:50:38 pm »
This looks like an awesome kit Patrick, and for the price I'm assuming you can pretty much build it "out of the box"?

Wolf
Just think of what my life might be.....   In a world like I have seen!

Offline patrickmil

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 02:07:27 pm »
Wolf, the kit does boast that it was designed with ANY skill set in mind. The pieces are pre-painted and all you need is some glue and time to put together a decent display model. The entry ramp was built to lower and raise but I closed it up permanently. I wasn't interested in showing off any of the insides except for where there are windows. I have noticed however, that some of the hull plating doesn't always match and some of the damage appears very toy-like. I figured that for that kind of price I was going to do my best to really deck it out.
Thanks for looking!

Patrick

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
  • There are submarines, and targets.
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 08:29:30 pm »
The lighting in the cockpit is pretty nice.  As I ponder my 1/72 MF, I don't think I'll have as much space to work.
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again."

Enterprise © Bloc