Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My 1/350 Enterprise Refit build.  (Read 1265 times)

Offline Shawn McClure

• Admiral
  • Shawn McClure
Re: My 1/350 Enterprise Refit build.
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2019, 08:33:34 am »
Thanks Joe and Steve.

I'm kind of doing the vicarious living on your C Steve.  That thing is looking great.

Yeah, Boyds videos are really awesome.  I have different colors on mine.   It's funny just how many color options there are.   He painted the nacelle scoop things like a gray.  I made mine Copper because of the images on the box.  Anyway, it's a pretty fun process.

I didn't go too crazy on the Arboritum and the officers lounge, or whatever that thing is.  I found out pretty quickly that you can't see any of that stuff anyway.   I'm kind of doing some pre-assembly on the shuttle bay, talk about not being able to see anything.   That whole thing is pretty much buried in the ship.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement fellas.

To build or not to build.... that is the question.   The answer.... build... Duh.

Offline Father Cool

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2019, 01:39:35 pm »
Nice work Shawn. I've still to finish off mine. I didn't go all out gold on the nacelle intake, instead I did black with a dry brushed gold over it. You can see it on this pic.

A bit less in your face I think. Just my opinion for what its worth. As you say it seems you can paint this baby any colour you like. Mine certainly isn't the colour I was planning it to be!!

Offline Shawn McClure

• Admiral
  • Shawn McClure
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2019, 01:58:14 pm »
Looks really good.  I think I'm happy with the copper.

Shawn
To build or not to build.... that is the question.   The answer.... build... Duh.

Offline karve

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2019, 02:39:58 pm »
Looking good so far Shawn! This is a long build and you're taking the right approach. Just keep plugging away at one thing at a time and you'll get there!

;)
Kevin

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us."
    Quote from Carl Sagan's 'Pale Blue Dot'  1994

Offline Shawn McClure

• Admiral
  • Shawn McClure
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2019, 03:53:40 pm »
Thank you  Karve.  I just wish I had move time to dig into this thing.  I'm having a blast though for sure.

Shawn

Offline Father Cool

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2019, 05:07:58 pm »
Don't worry, it took me 9 years to get to where I am with mine. Life just gets in the way sometimes!

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2019, 07:44:45 am »
While Padre holds the record for long builds, I am over a year on my Enterprise C.

Just keep at it! You'll do great!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline Shawn McClure

• Admiral
  • Shawn McClure
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2019, 11:52:47 am »
I'm still trying to figure out the colors on the thing.  Everybody seems to have their own take.  I know it's my own build and I'll build it my own way, and all that, but have you seen how many versions there are of this thing out there?  Crazy.

Shawn

Offline Shawn McClure

• Admiral
  • Shawn McClure
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2019, 07:52:47 am »
Hi all,

I've been working tons of overtime so the model building has been going very slowly.   I did have a little time for some painting.

image00006 by Shawn McClure, on Flickr

image00005 by Shawn McClure, on Flickr

I'm also cutting a hole for that photoetch add on.  I'm hoping to secure this hatch with some magnets.   We'll see what happens.

image00001 by Shawn McClure, on Flickr

image00002 by Shawn McClure, on Flickr

That's about it.

Thanks for looking.

Shawn

Offline TD1701

• Commander
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2019, 07:45:43 pm »
I like what I am seeing so far. Keep up the great work and keep us up to date. :)

Offline Shawn McClure

• Admiral
  • Shawn McClure
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2019, 10:58:19 pm »
Thank you TD.   As soon as overtime is over I hope to ramp it up.

Shawn.

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2019, 07:49:25 am »
Hope you get some slack time soon, Shawn.

I am impressed with your drill holes, though. Very clean. A few of mine that I have done seem lopsided at best! :)

Keep going on the build!

We'll be here when you get time!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline Shawn McClure

• Admiral
  • Shawn McClure
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2019, 03:43:20 pm »
Thank you Steve, those holes were kind of a pain.  I just got some good news and the overtime is over after today so yahoo.   Now I just need to get myself back on track and ramp up again. 

Shawn

Offline Kuce

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2019, 08:02:58 pm »
She's looking good Shawn!

Offline Shawn McClure

• Admiral
  • Shawn McClure
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2019, 07:47:16 am »
Thanks Joe.

Shawn

Enterprise © Bloc