Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aztec Dilemma  (Read 293 times)

Offline Quarky

• Commander
  • Jamie
Aztec Dilemma
« on: December 20, 2018, 04:50:41 pm »
So I'm building the 'D' (so far I've had to restart about 5 times, but that's another story...).

I have acquired the piant masks from here: http://www.dlmparts.com/tngparts.html

And have the aztec decal set here: https://www.culttvmanshop.com/Enterprise-D-Aztec-Decals-11400-from-Round-2_p_3677.html

Problem is, which do I use? The decals seem a bit too blue (I'd knock them back by ghosting some grey over them). but they are far more detailed than the paint masks.

Alternatively, is there another decal set available? The one that came with the original clear kit were, in my opinion, far superior as they were detailed and had several different shades of grey/blue but the set I have is now so fragile they break apart at the slightest touch, making them useless!

I suppose I could use both but this might look a bit odd!

Any and all thoughts on this welcome!

Thanks
"We're made of star stuff"

Carl Sagan

Jamie

Offline Tankton

• Admiral
    • Cameron's Decals and Such
Re: Aztec Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 07:31:10 pm »
I sell a set of decals for the D they are in shades of grey. Very detailed.
Live Long and Prosper

Cameron Lewis Sr.

www.cameronsdecals.com

Offline Valiant

• Lieutenant
Re: Aztec Dilemma
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 09:52:51 pm »
I've never used dlm Enterprise D masks, but from what I see, what you use really would depend in what version of the D you want. The movie version has the various blues, but the series was more of just a two tone light grey-blue and British sky green. I think if the masks are remotely accurate they would be best for series version, otherwise those decals look great for a movie D... I strongly dislike decals covering everything, but even those are tempting.

Enterprise © Bloc