Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 3D Printers  (Read 1838 times)

Offline whb64

• Captain
Re: 3D Printers
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 12:12:56 pm »
Oh...  when you guys get a printer you'll wonder what took you so long to jump in!

The things you can do will change how you do your builds!  Right now I am printing up a ton of Klingon shuttle craft for the hangar bay in the 1/350 scale Polar Lights K'Tinga.   I'm also designing a hangar bay for my build!   Then while I was mixing paint to do some color tests for my build I decided to use an old scrap 537 K'Tinga I have that is missing a bunch of parts.  Well one thing led to another and I decided 'why throw it away?', so I got an old BOP kit I have (have a few) and I kitbashed a custom battle cruiser!  The cobra head bulb on the K'Tinga kit was lost years ago, and their were other parts missing.  So I mated up the front boom of the BOP on the K'Tinga, scrapped the hangar and engineering parts of the K'Tinga because parts were missing, and then 3D printed other parts! 

I'm also working on a Hasbro Hero X-Wing build and I am using the FDM printer to make an articulated S-Foil mechanism to open and close the wings via a servo controlled by a remote/blutooth app!  I've printed greeblies, and lots and lots of 1/72 scale sci fi fighters so I can see Vipers, Buck Rogers Starfighter, and Star Wars ships side by side all in the same scale!  My Photon pretty much runs nonstop 24 hours a day and has been for the past 6 months.

Enterprise © Bloc