Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Polar LIghts Jupiter 2  (Read 1319 times)

Offline philco36

• Commander
  • Today is only yesterday's tomorrow - Uriah Heep
Polar LIghts Jupiter 2
« on: January 10, 2019, 02:30:21 pm »
Hey all!!

I recently purchased a Jupiter 2 on eBay. I knew the landing gear was started and the main window was glued into the saucer, but what I didn't know was the decal sheet is missing. Also, all the pieces have been removed from their trees, so I have NO clue what piece is what. Also, the top "bubble" is missing. Now I am not to worried about this, as I plan on kit bashing the ship. I will be making her a 4 person space vehicle. Removing the cryo tubes and towards the back making two state rooms with bunk beds for the crew and a galley. The "astrogater" is already put together, so instead of using it as "designed", I will use it in the hole at the top of the saucer, it fits ALMOST perfectly.

My main question is did anyone produce accessories for this kit? Professional or garage? The panel with the "red ball" is a mess. The previous tried to remove it, for what I am not sure. I am also thinking about removing the "seats". Also I plan on another 1 or 2 consoles towards the middle floor plan and maybe a meeting table. So.... does anyone know the actual scale of this kit?

Any and all ideas as to where and what I can use for "parts", like say a dollhouse bunk bed and such, would be a GREAT help.

Phil

Offline Tankton

• Admiral
    • Cameron's Decals and Such
Re: Polar LIghts Jupiter 2
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 03:01:15 pm »
First that kit didn't come with decals. Second it is 1/60 scale. As for aftermarket parts I'm not sure.
Live Long and Prosper

Cameron Lewis Sr.

www.cameronsdecals.com

Offline philco36

• Commander
  • Today is only yesterday's tomorrow - Uriah Heep
Re: Polar LIghts Jupiter 2
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 07:39:48 pm »
Interesting Tank, thanks.

Phil

Enterprise © Bloc