Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ghostbusters Ecto 1  (Read 1450 times)

Offline gio

• Ensign
Ghostbusters Ecto 1
« on: July 18, 2012, 01:28:42 pm »
Hi,

I recently purchased an Ecto 1 kit by AMT.  I wanted to construct this while I waited for parts to arrive for my next project: the ent D.  Then I thought about putting some life into my ecto 1 by giving it some flashing lights and the famous siren.  The lighting aspect I don't have a problem with (although there are several different lights all on different timings, so that might be a headache), but tracking down a sound chip for the siren has been difficult.  I have managed to find one company that provides a sound chip here: http://www.replicaprops.com/Sound-board-for-props-and-costumes-model-4M_p_64.html

The only snag is, the sound chips cost $60, about 3-4 times the cost of the actual kit.  I am wondering if anyone is aware of an alternative supplier that sells these at a much reasonable price.  Or perhaps can create custom sound chips from an uploaded sound file.  I don't want to put too much expense into this kit, but if there is something out there that can make this kit a little more authentic at a reasonable price then I will be interested.  Thanks for reading.

Offline gio

• Ensign
Re: Ghostbusters Ecto 1
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 01:50:22 pm »
Hello Fraley,

this is genius, exactly the sort of thing I need.  I knew there had to be a better alternative.  Thanks for your help once again.  I will be sure to post a write up with pics when complete.

Offline gio

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 02:05:21 pm »
Just a thought.  Although the batteries will last months, will the recorded message be wiped clean once the batteries have dishcharged?

Offline fumblethumbs

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 06:36:13 pm »
Hi gio...You could just push it across the table and go WHEEEEWOOO WHEEEEWOOO!!

Ooooo....That was bad.....Sorry!

I'd like to see some piccys when you're done.  I've got the R2 recent release in the stash.

Ooooooo!  I think I may buy that kit!

Jeff.

Enterprise © Bloc